(979) 289-5102
Click Here To Contact
The Inn Via Email
What legal documents do we need for a Texas wedding?
You've just set a date for your wedding, this can be an exciting time for the two of you! Don't let the marriage license laws of Texas
put a dent in your wedding plans. Click
HERE for what you need to know and what documents to bring with you before you apply
for a Texas marriage license. We recommend getting this legal aspect of your wedding out of the way about a month before your
wedding date.

Do you require a wedding coordinator?
No, we do not require an official wedding coordinator, although we do require that one person serve as the contact/decision maker
for event planning and execution. This helps ensure a smooth event and minimizes additional costs.

How much time in advance does a wedding need to be scheduled?
Depending on availability, we can arrange for an Elopement Package in as little as 24 hours. We need at least 7 days notice for
larger events, depending on availability. All weddings require payment and/or a deposit before dates are confirmed.

Can we have an evening wedding?
Yes, depending on availability. When having an evening wedding on the Knittel Homestead Inn property all activities must be
complete by 10:00 PM.

Is the Knittel Homestead Inn available for weddings 7 days a week?
Yes. We host weddings every day, even on holidays. There is a $200.00 premium added on major holidays.

May we bring our own music?
Yes. Please bring a CD and mark what you want to be played before and after the ceremony. Otherwise, we have selections, from
classic to contemporary wedding music.

Can we bring wine/champagne?
Yes. We do not have a liquor license; therefore we provide a sparkling non-alcoholic beverage toast for our wedding parties;
however, you may bring champagne or wine for your toast. Please note that for these two-hour weddings, only three or four bottles
are usually needed for a 24-guest wedding.  

Can children attend weddings at the Knittel Homestead Inn?
Yes. Although we do not allow children under 12 to stay at the Inn, they are welcome to attend weddings. We ask that parents
keep the children on the main floor due to safety reasons and to respect the privacy of our other Inn guests.

Do children count as part of the total number of guests?
Yes. However, infants who are not yet mobile are not counted.

Do you take pictures or do we need a photographer?
If you do not have a photographer, we will take pictures and put them on a CD for you (10-15 for Elopement Package, 20-25 for
others). Please note we are not professional photographers..If wedding portraits are important to you, we highly recommend that
you hire a photographer. We can recommend local photographers if you have a need.

Can we have more guests than 24 if holding a wedding outdoors at the Knittel Homestead Inn?
Yes, although we are only able to accommodate 24 indoors in the event of inclement weather. If you wish to host an outdoor
wedding on our property we recommend a tent. We can arrange for various size tents and the other necessary items to make your
outdoor event successful.

Can we bring our own minister?
Yes. You are responsible for making the arrangement and cost for your own minister.

Is the room included in the wedding package?
Yes. We include overnight accommodations for the bride and groom in all of our wedding packages. Additional rooms are available
for those attending the wedding based on availability.

Can you provide a rehearsal or reception luncheon or dinner?
Yes. Indoor seating is limited to a maximum of 24 persons. We can provide a seated full service dinner, standing or seated buffet at
an additional cost with prior arrangement.

Can we bring a caterer?
No. We do not allow outside caterers.
Knittel Homestead Inn
520 North Main Street
Burton, Texas 77835
Email: stay@knittelhomestead.com
©2002 KHI Management Group  P.O. Box 84 Burton, Texas 77835
Non- Refundable deposits are required to confirm all wedding
Appropriate state taxes will be added to all services provided.
An 18% service charge will be added to event services.